Everyone thinks their mom is the best cook in the world. But my mummy is seriously yummy! And this is the proof! My mother Gulnar, came from Basra, Iraq to Karachi in 1965 and brought recipes the likes of which Karachi had never seen (well, maybe). Here's some of her signature recipes that should try. Some of them are my experiments and food experiences from around the world. You can check out the menu and order details on facebook.com/yummymummyandme

Saturday 2 November 2013

That's A Wrap!

It has been a while since I posted a recipe on the blog, mostly because I've been busy eating, working and helping out with my mom's catering business. However, today I was feeling rather inspired. And I had some store bought rotisserie chicken. And then, my mother got me some water chestnuts. Recipe ideas in over drive!
You need ( 4 servings):
- 1 spicy rotisserie chicken breast. Tikka chunks will also do.
- 4 chapatis or any kind of flat bread (no naan please)
- cucumbers
- olives
- cheese
- boiled, peeled water chestnuts
- your favorite dressing. I used the Mama Sita hot sauce.
Spread out the chapati and spread a table spoon of the sauce down the middle. Next, lay out the chicken and cucumbers side by side. Top it off with chopped cheese, olives and water chestnuts. Wrap it up and you're good to go.
The chapati I used is the one made on an upside down wok/karahi and is thinner than a regular chapati.
The wrap is filling, healthy and really  fun to put together. Kids will love it and you can even sneak in some greens. Try it and let me know how it turned out.
Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment